On February 9, 2013, our affiliate began another Home Preservation project in Ventura’s Westside.
Accomplishments to-date on Prospect Street include:
- Volunteer crews completed an extensive backyard clean-up, and repaired and painted the exterior stucco walls.
- Habitat’s Wednesday Crew rebuilt a small patio cover and water heater enclosure.
The overall scope of work is near completion.
- On April 13, landscape will be installed thanks to a special partnership with the Surfrider Foundation.
- This great organization dedicates itself to the design and implementation of “Ocean Friendly Gardens”.
- The dedication ceremony for the home will be celebrated immediately after.
Learn more about our Preserve a Home program and Neighborhood Revitalization:
- The home on Prospect Street falls under our Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative (NRI), a home rehabilitation program which ultimately translates into vibrant, dynamic, sustainable communities.
- NRI differs from our Preserve a Home program, but the desired outcome is one and the same — the creation of safe, decent housing.
Special thanks are in order for the City of Ventura’s Water and Community Development Departments and Ventura’s Westside Community Council.